Monday, March 25, 2013

Berry Banana Cleanse Smoothie

We've heard some nice things about the blog lately and just wanted to say "Thank you!" to those who have been reading.  Just wanted to also mention to feel free to email us at any time with questions, thoughts, comments to trustyourgut13@gmail.com.  We are working on getting some new things together as well so bare with us if we don't post daily over the next couple of weeks.  In the meantime I wanted to share what I'm having for breakfast and lunch today.

Berry Banana Cleanse Smoothie
  • 1 rib of celery
  • 1 frozen banana (or fresh)
  • 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup of kale
  • 1-2 cups of coconut water or water (I used regular water)
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds *optional


Berry Banana Cleanse Smoothie
 I drink the smoothie on my way into work and then mid morning I like to have a snack usually consisting of some raw veggies.  Today I'll be having carrots with a little peanut butter.  Carrots are probably my least favorite vegetable so while I try to eat them plain sometimes I need a little something extra, hence the peanut butter.

Last night I made Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti for supper and it was delicious!  So my lunch today will consist of some spaghetti squash spaghetti leftovers and for my afternoon snack an avocado, that is if I'm hungry then.  I always like to bring an extra snack along in case I get hungry later in the day.  That way I won't go running to the vending machine and end up grabbing a bag of chips because my stomach is screaming at me.  I tend to make poor decisions when I'm at that stage of hunger!
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti

Breakfast, lunch & snacks for the day
It always helps me to see what healthy meals/snacks others are eating so I hope this gives you some ideas.  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. sorry if that spaghetti isn't in the fridge when you go down for lunch..... jk jk but it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for not stealing my lunch! Next time I'll be sure to bring in extra for you!

    ReplyDelete